CMS Solutions for Industry
To date, we have realised several portals for major industrial customers. Such portals typically possess the following range of functions:
- Support for multiple subsidiary companies
- Multilingual capabilities (up to 30 languages or language combinations)
- Branch locator with Google Maps Integration
- Product catalogues
- Video and download portal
- Press database
- Image database
- Implementation of graphics and design
- Documentation and training
CMS Solutions for Universities and Organisations
Plone has established itself as a content management system within the higher education sector. A number of universities have already made a conscious decision to deploy Plone over PHP-based solutions like Typo3.
Prominent reasons for the use of Plone:
- Simple to learn and operate
- Highly scalable
- Many specific extensions for universities and other institutes
- Low-cost (no acquisition costs and no licence costs, unlike with other CMS providers in the higher education sector such as Infopark or Imperia. A good deal of money has already been invested in failed CMS projects at universities)
We have at our disposal an extensive set of modules with which to assemble your desired system. Features such as accessibility, scalability and high availability are incorporated as standard. A few examples of the available modules and solutions:
- Staff directory
- Individual staff pages
- Presentation of research areas and findings
- Reference and publication management
- Media databases
- Video and audio support
- Blogs and eCards
- Scheduling of room use and meetings
- Protected areas (e.g. for depositing study materials for students)
- Galleries and slideshows
- Press database
- Wiki functionalities
- Calendars, including group calendars
- Integration of mailing list systems
- Multilingual capabilities (in the website front-end as well as for content)
- Individual access rights management, delegability of access privileges
- Central news system with a decentralised supply of news
- eTeaching and eLearning
- Linkage with university information system
- Linkage with LDAP and Active Directory
- Easy operability without the need for training, even for non-technical staff
- and many more
Services for Universities
- Conception of websites and guidance relating thereto
- Information architecture (website structuring, targeted architecture, etc.)
- Web design (to align with a particular corporate identity where required)
- Realisation and project implementation
- Staff training
- Launch, software maintenance and updates
Past Successes in the Higher Education Sector
- Requirements management, information architecture and interface design for the portal and various institutes of the University of Bonn, with additional implementation of components for the central portal and institutes
- Guidance and realisation of portals and CMS solutions for the Max Planck Institutes
- Provision of advisory services to the University of Tübingen in the area of content management systems
- Developer training for staff at the Universities of Giessen and Marburg and the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Migration of third party products for the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Requirements management for the University of Marburg
- Support and guidance for the excellence cluster Asia and Europe in a Global Context at the University of Heidelberg
- Provision of advisory services to the Media University (Germany) in the area of PDF generation/publishing
- Provision of advisory services to the University of Music Freiburg
Optimal Support Through Highly Competent Points of Contact
ZOPYX colleagues Andreas Jung and Veit Schiele are responsible for providing support to the university group of the Python Software Foundation. Their many years' experience in the higher education sector leaves them well placed to understand sector-specific needs and difficulties - from those of a single department chair up to those of entire institutes and universities. Special requirements, such as the integration of Zope and Plone with specific systems like university information systems, are routinely dealt with. With us, you can state your requirements exactly as they are - we know how universities function. Andreas Jung was also the founder of and advisor to the Plone4Universities project, whose aim was to promote the use of Plone in the university sector.
Intranet and Extranet
We specialise in the development of tailor-made intranet and extranet solutions based on the content management system Plone. Individually adjustable workflows, a fine-grained security system and a highly scalable architecture make Plone the ideal solution either for managing information and data within your organisation or for exchanging it with customers. Plone's high security standards predestine it for the management of sensitive data. With LDAP, Active Directory or WebDAV support, Plone offers a high capacity for smooth integration into existing system landscapes.
In the area of "classic" internet portals, we offer all the services of a conventional web agency combined with expert input at every stage of the project. Our services and expertise encompass everything from initial guidance and analysis right up to implementation and operation of the platform.
- Requirements management: We advise you with regard to your project plan and cooperate with you to produce a precise analysis of your requirements
- Creation: We ensure that your portal aligns with the latest optical standards and serves as an effective and representative face for your business or organisation
- Implementation: We take care of the technical realisation of your aims
- Project management: Our qualified, experienced project managers oversee client communication and smooth project execution
- Hosting: We assume responsibility for the operation and hosting of our clients' web portals if so desired.
- Training and documentation: Following consultation with our clients, we produce individual and made-to-measure documentation for users and editors or for our clients' IT departments
Individual Software and Specialist Applications
ZOPYX develops individual Zope- and Plone-based software components for failsafe and highly scalable web applications as well as for complex, sophisticated web portal solutions and electronic publishing systems in distributed heterogeneous environments.
In achieving the above, ZOPYX deploys open-source tools as well as standardised protocols and interfaces, thereby increasing the flexibility, stability and compatibility of your production system.
E-Publishing and Web-to-Print Solutions
ZOPYX possesses large amounts of expertise in the development of highly scalable e-publishing solutions. Over the years, our organisation has specialised in the integration of heterogeneous systems as well as in the implementation of cross-platform workflows and high-performance database connections.
ZOPYX founder Andreas Jung draws on more than fifteen years of experience in the electronic publishing domain, first at the Saarbrücker Zeitung (the daily newspaper of the Saarland region, Germany) and later at the specialist publishing house Haufe-Lexware. His know-how is available to help you sustainably optimise your work processes and achieve appreciable increases in productivity and output quality.
ZOPYX product Produce & Publish
Produce & Publish is a component-based software solution with which documents can be created and output in various high-quality formats. Whilst its focus lies primarily on the generation of PDF documents, the Produce & Publish platform also supports formats such as Open-Office, Word, RTF and all current e-book formats. Existing systems like portals, content management systems and native applications can be integrated by means of client connections and a standardised API, allowing the Produce & Publish platform to be made available throughout your entire organisation. The authoring environment of Produce & Publish employs a web-based user interface to enable complete control over content, appearance and production process. The open and flexible API makes Produces & Publish an ideal basis for web-to-print applications whose task it is to create documents from dynamic data.
Demanding neither expensive tools nor specialist know-how, Produce & Publish is a low-cost alternative to comparable commercial products like the Adobe Indesign Server. Produce & Publish uses XML/HTML and CSS to generate high quality documents. Styles and templates can be defined by any designer with competency in HTML and CSS. With Produce & Publish, you have full access to the source code: Produce & Publish is an open platform. The Produce & Publish server provides a simple and uniform API for all output formats, including e-books. There are no annual fees, no hidden costs, and no adhesion contracts.