Saarland Broadcasting, Saarbrücken: Unser Ding ("Our Thing")
In 2007, ZOPYX created a special Plone-based CMS for the Saarland Broadcasting service's youth radio station Unser Ding ("Our Thing"). The standard functionalities of Plone were extended with broadcasting-specific capabilities: broadcast management, the time-controlled playout of content and a highly scalable media database for management of graphics, audio files, videos and other large data files. The application has been running and performing highly since October 2007, requiring a minimum of hardware and operating without disturbances. It is one of just a few radio station websites worldwide that are based on open-source solutions. In comparison to specially developed commercial solutions for radio stations, Plone is extremely cost-efficient and highly flexible. It is also manufacturer-independent and offers a high level of investment security.
Im March 2008, the relaunch of "Our Thing" was successfully implemented, with the website receiving a completely new layout.
- Plone-based CMS
- Time-controlled playout of content (daily, weekly, monthly, on particular days, holiday schedule)
- Media database for graphics, video and audio files
- Integration of Plone with a completely different look & feel (own theme)
- Broadcast management (broadcasting schedules, presenters)
- Inbound RSS feed aggregation
- Implementation of a complex authorisation model
- Extension of diverse existing third party products for use within the CMS
- Project planning, execution and start-up
- Simple and extendable
- Cost-efficient solution