Full Text Search with Solr
Solr is the "server version" of Lucene. Solr makes use of the Lucene Search Engine Library and extends it with a wide variety of functions. REST interfaces and XML-based configurations facilitate the realisation of attractive search solutions within which the need for program code is often eliminated completely.
A few of Solr's fundamental features:
- Fully functional search server "out of the box"
- Simple http interface for adding documents and for the execution of searches
- Extensive configuration options via XML
- Comprehensive administration interface
- Numerous functional extensions for Lucene (e.g. linguistic text analysis, faceting, caching)
- Full support for index distribution and replication for distributed systems
Our school uses Plone for a range of purposes, including generating reports and minutes of class conferences. We were in need of a reliable solution to manage the printing of these standard form documents, and found the product SmartPrintNG to suit our needs well on account of its flexible configurability. Andreas Jung conducted hands-on training in which he conveyed, in a highly competent and professional manner, the necessary know-how for us to begin working with it.