Full Text Search with Solr
Solr is the "server version" of Lucene. Solr makes use of the Lucene Search Engine Library and extends it with a wide variety of functions. REST interfaces and XML-based configurations facilitate the realisation of attractive search solutions within which the need for program code is often eliminated completely.
A few of Solr's fundamental features:
- Fully functional search server "out of the box"
- Simple http interface for adding documents and for the execution of searches
- Extensive configuration options via XML
- Comprehensive administration interface
- Numerous functional extensions for Lucene (e.g. linguistic text analysis, faceting, caching)
- Full support for index distribution and replication for distributed systems
Andreas Jung/ZOPYX made it possible for us to transition smoothly from an outdated platform to the solid, future-proof content management system Plone. With the help of Andreas Jung/ZOPYX's expansive know-how, we were able to implement our detailed specific requirements ourselves and to stand poised for future requirements with a great deal of confidence.