Full Text Search with Solr
Solr is the "server version" of Lucene. Solr makes use of the Lucene Search Engine Library and extends it with a wide variety of functions. REST interfaces and XML-based configurations facilitate the realisation of attractive search solutions within which the need for program code is often eliminated completely.
A few of Solr's fundamental features:
- Fully functional search server "out of the box"
- Simple http interface for adding documents and for the execution of searches
- Extensive configuration options via XML
- Comprehensive administration interface
- Numerous functional extensions for Lucene (e.g. linguistic text analysis, faceting, caching)
- Full support for index distribution and replication for distributed systems
We have been deploying diverse, open-source ZOPYX products within our customer projects for five years. Our own developers are fortunate to be able to fall back on Andreas Jung's expertise when needed.