Full Text Search with Solr
Solr is the "server version" of Lucene. Solr makes use of the Lucene Search Engine Library and extends it with a wide variety of functions. REST interfaces and XML-based configurations facilitate the realisation of attractive search solutions within which the need for program code is often eliminated completely.
A few of Solr's fundamental features:
- Fully functional search server "out of the box"
- Simple http interface for adding documents and for the execution of searches
- Extensive configuration options via XML
- Comprehensive administration interface
- Numerous functional extensions for Lucene (e.g. linguistic text analysis, faceting, caching)
- Full support for index distribution and replication for distributed systems
The University of Bonn migrated its central website, including branches thereof devoted to its institutes, to Zope/Plone.
Andreas Jung provided the University of Bonn with competent and highly efficient advice regarding the conceptual redesign of their website. He consolidated the requirements of the University's institutes and used the results to develop a concept for building modular institute websites.